Checking which graphics card is installed on your computer and checking whether it is compatible.
- Click on 'Start ->Run' in the Taskbar. (XP/Vista/7/8 users, hit the "Windows" key and "R" at the same time.)
- Type 'dxdiag'. (This assumes you have DirectX installed)
- Hit Okay (Or Yes)
- Go to Display
- All system video card statistics will be shown.
- The kind of video card you have is under Name or Chip Type.
If your MANUFACTURER is 'blank' and the Driver name is VGA.DLL
This is the reason that OpenGL is not working. There are no drivers installed for your graphics card and Windows is using some very old drivers just so Windows can display something. It is worth speaking to the manufacturer of your computer for advice on how to update these to the correct drivers. If you don't have contact with the manufacturer of your PC then a great program called Belarc Advisor will tell you what is inside your computer, download here>http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
If your MANUFACTURER is INTEL
- To detect and download the latest drivers for your Intel Card > http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect
- Please visit this page regarding OpenGL on your Intel Graphics card > http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-010479.htm
If your MANUFACTURER is NVIDIA
- It is rare that a modern nVIDIA graphics card isn't compatible and it is probably the drivers for your nVidia card which are out of date.
- Please visit http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk to download the latest drivers for your computer.
If your MANUFACTURER is ATI
- It is rare that a modern ATI graphics card isn't compatible and it is probably the drivers for your ATI card which are out of date.
- Please visit: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx to download the automatic graphics card detecter and updater for your computer.
They are up-to date, what next??
If your drivers are up to date and you still get this error, you can use Realtechvr Glview (http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.html) to see if your system supports OpenGL 1.3.